IAABO Board 36 is comprised of over 200 officials who are dedicated to providing the highest standard of basketball officiating while maintaining the stated purposes of IAABO, which are to:
- promote uniform interpretation of rules;
- raise and maintain a high standard of basketball officiating;
- maintain uniform standards and qualifications for basketball officials working within the territory of the Organization;
- promote a high standard of integrity and sportsmanship among players, coaches and officials;
- educate, train, develop and provide instruction for basketball officials working within the territory of the Organization; and
- render such services to schools, colleges and other organizations that will assist them to conduct their basketball activities in a wholesome, desirable way contributing to the highest levels of fair play and sportsmanship.
Classes for new officials will be held at two sites this year: (1) Queensbury High School – beginning on September 7th on Thursday nights at 6:30pm; and (2) CBA H.S. beginning on September 26th – classes at CBA will be on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6 – 8 pm.
There is no pre-registration. The registration fee is $125, which includes the classes and rule book. The fee is non-refundable after the first week. Money will be due on the first night.
All candidates will take a written test on Monday, November 6th to determine if you will be officiating any basketball for Board 36 during the 2017-18 season.
Should you have any follow up questions please contact me.
Good Luck ,
Steve Smith , Secretary BD 36
Territory Roster – Rosters w addresses
Paper Candidate Evaluation Form – Candidate Evaluation Form
Online Candidate Evaluation Form – Candidate Evaluation Form
Contract for 2016 to 2020 – section2-referee-agreement
2016 Test Answers Exam Answers 12 26 16